05 Feb This Valentine’s Day: Say “I Love You” with Bacon…
On Valentine’s Day flowers make a nice gift to the friend that needs a smile or for that special someone in your life. Roses are even better. But sometimes even roses don’t cut it. Sometimes you need something to really tell a person just how much they mean to you…something extraordinary. Sometimes, you just need BACON.
Upon first glance, these flowers look like real varigated roses, which are nice enough on their own, until you discover that they are in fact edible curls of delicious, crispy, rendered, thick cut bacon. Basically, bacon roses are the gift that keeps giving.
How to make Bacon Roses
For the best results, look for fake roses that have a larger and higher calyx (the green part that cradles the rose), because this will hold the bacon in place a little better.
- 1 x pack Thick cut bacon
- 1 x bunch fake roses
- Preheat oven to 375
- Start by tearing off the flower petals until you’re left with a bare, empty stem. If possible, push the calyx down the stem to reveal a little more of a wire/stem for the bacon roll to sit on.
- Take a strip of bacon, and starting at one end, roll it up tightly to form a rosette. Secure the roll with two toothpicks, as close to the bottom of one end as you can, to form a cross. Place the rose on a wire rack on top of a foil lined tray. Repeat with all the bacon.
- Place tray of bacon rolls into the oven, and bake 45-55 minutes, until they are well cooked and have a good color. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Once cool, take each roll and wiggle it onto a stem. Repeat until the whole bunch is complete.
- Give it to someone you love, or sit there and eat them yourself!
Watch the video HERE.
Click HERE to order some delicious bacon now!