04 Nov Delectable Deliberations
Recently, we decided to play with the idea of having custom merchandise printed to sell here at the Kuttawa market. Over the course of the discussion, we thought it could be fun to try and come up with some taglines. Nothing overly complicated, just one-liners and quips that would be in line with what we do here at Broadbent’s.
They say that necessity is the mother of invention- To that effect, I say that Pintrest is the fun, crafty aunt. A large portion of our inspiration, design-wise, came from Pintrest. Here are some of the best catchphrases and slogans that we stumbled across in our digging.
- A balanced diet is bacon in both hands.
- Love, Peace, & Bacon Grease
- Life is hard. Bacon helps.
- I like pig butts and I cannot lie!
- You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy bacon, which is pretty much the same thing.
Once our wheels were turning, we had a pretty solid idea of what it was that we were looking for. So, we took that creative inertia, and over the course of the next day, we came up with some doozies ourselves. Here are a few that really stood out from the rest.
- Something cured for what ails you.
- Gettin’ piggy with it!
- It’s a pig deal
- Cure. Smoke. Eat. Repeat.
- Put some Kentucky pork on your fork!
- If pigs could fly, bacon would be more expensive.
In the end, we liked several of these enough to keep on hand for future use. But there was one slogan, one sentence, right under our noses the entire time that we feel best conveys who we are and what we do. It is on our website’s homepage and in the front of every catalog. Heck, it’s even on the front page of this very blog…
- Broadbent’s: From our family’s smokehouse, to your family’s table.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for opening your hearts and your homes to us and our products. Regardless of which of our products it is that you most enjoy, know that all that we do, we do for you.