04 Oct 8 Fall Decorating Tips
It’s that time of year again when we are ready to bring the outside in. The fall season is a great time of year to open the windows, burn a pumpkin spice candle and jazz up your home with a little fall decor. Here are a few easy and inexpensive tips that will help transition your home into the feel of fall.
- Go Mini! – Add mini-pumpkins and gourds across the table to create a beautiful fall table scape.
- Fabric napkins are a great way to update your decor using fabrics which are fall colored, plaid or scripted.
- Use natural items including mini gourds, mini pumpkins, leaves, hedge apples, pine cones or acorns to fill up interestingly shaped containers on your counter tops and tables will enhance that fall feel.
- Wrap burlap around pots or containers of seasonal flowers such as mums or pansies. Add a fall ribbon accent to hold it all together and finish the look.
- Sliced old trees can be made to hold candles or other fall decorations.
- Put a bit of an autumn smell in the air with a seasonal candle, wax melt or stove top scent creation.
- Add a fall message or theme carved into or painted on a pumpkin. These decorations can be used inside or outside of your home.
- What about a cornhusk garland? Construct an easy-to-assemble Indian corn garland beginning with a piece of rope. Wrap it with broomcorn, corn tassels (stalks are available at farmers markets), or other dried grasses. Incorporate some fall ribbon and use to decorate your mantle, banisters or around door frames.
Remember, you don’t have to spend a lot of money to spruce up your home for fall. Using items around your home can assist you with putting together beautiful fall decor. You just need a little creativity to bring the fall season from outside in.